Friday, September 12, 2008

Look What He's Done Again

And so my boss played his funny game on me again. And it isn't a pleasant one. Here's the story:

My company is planning a restructuring which puts me into a 9-6 lifekilling job. I hate that. Not eversince I started working on shifts that gave me ample time and freedom during weekdays.

So the deal is this: move up to the 9-6 job, get more responsibilities and headaches with no additional pay. OR.. stick with my shift job and take a $150 cut from my pay. (link)

A few months back when I was still working on shift hours, the office persuaded me to work on office hours instead. I didn't want to. I wanted the extra off days so I could do whatever I want, including minding my business. But the boss came up with all sorts of reasons WHY I should be doing office hours instead.

He told me, if I remain in shift work, I will lose my $150 transport allowance. And I specifically asked him "does that mean if I work office hours I will get $150 for working on Saturdays AND still get my transport allowance?" He said YES. Fine, I did some thinking and decided I needed the $150 each month to survive.

To date he hasn't paid my Saturday allowance. So I voiced out, and guess what he said. He will backpay the Saturday allowance that he owes me, but I shouldn't be getting the $150 transport allowance since I do not use the car for work. What? Let me get this straight.

Does he mean I could have stayed doing shift work and my pay would remain the same? When I told him that he promised me otherwise, he denied it. How convenient.

It's illogical isn't it? Why would I have moved from working shift (which I loved) to office hours if the pay is the same? Someone should throw a shoe at him.. seriously.

What goes around comes around. We'll see what happens next year. I'm just as cunning and witty as he is.

No comments: