Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Fast And The Furiously Deafening

It was deafening. It was heart pounding. It went past me like a blizzard. It was funtastically exciting!

The past 2 nights of watching the F1 night street races have left me anticipating for more action tonight - the race day! There has not been any tremendous accidents, but the qualifying action last night really was an experience.

I've always watched the qualifying stage on tv, and cheering on my favorite Renault team silently on my own. But watching it live.. you can hear the cheers, the whistles, the jeers, the disappointments. I was mostly disappointed with my Renault team but hey, the rest of the action made up for it.

People of different countries are there. I saw a Finnish guy walking around with a huge Finland flag (until another guy shouted "Hey! I'm Finnished with you!"). They really are passionate about the sport.

The cars zoomed past loudly and quickly. Fauzi who was at Cathay told me he could hear the roar of the F1 engines. Heh, he should have been at Marina.

My camera couldn't catch a proper picture of the cars. So I waited for the post-race track invasion and took pictures of the surrounding scenery and the track itself using my Sony Ericsson K810i camera.

Enjoy!

The Esplanade

The Fullerton Hotel

Esplanade Bridge

The Corner Leading To Esplanade Bridge

Corner From Anderson Bridge

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, love the photos you took!