Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Your Goals, And The Wonders Of Multiplication

It's 1am, but I felt inspired to write to you regarding a subject that may be dear to you. It's about all of the dreams you have, the goals you wish to achieve. But let's take it a step further. How about we talk about your dreams that WILL come true, and the goals you WILL achieve.

Don't get into that apprehensive state of mind. It's all too easy to think of the obstacles you may face in the pursuit of your wants. It's too easy to say to yourself "Nah, I won't be able to achieve that." What you may not know, is when you do that, you've effectively denied yourself a destiny which involves whatever you dream of having.

Are you still with me here? I know you have your dreams which you may be shy of revealing to others. You may be keeping it in your little black box in your heart. But a brilliant idea is but a nonsense thought if you do not express it. Don't be afraid - shout out to yourself what you really want. Out loud. Then repeat a few times, everyday.

Let's take a look at a scenario, of me targeting sales each month. I just had the thought of achieving a $9,000 pay cheque each month. Sounds huge doesn't it? Unachievable? Far-fetched? Yea.. I know all those comments will ring around me. Of course that amount looks big if you look at it from a single point of view. Let us widen the horizon this way:

Step 1: To achieve $9,000 a month, I will create 3 separate sales campaigns. Split that $9k, and I am looking at a $3,000 a month target per sales campaign.

Step 2: To achieve $3,000 in a 30-day month, it effectively means targeting $100 a day. Not necessarily consistently, but on average a zone between $70-$140.

Step 3: How do I get the $100 a day? Commissions can run high in Internet Marketing. Promoting products with a sales commission of $35 means 3 sales to getting a $100 day.

3 sales a day.. Reasonable ain't it? :)

Do you see the magic of multiplication at work there? From a hugely optimistic goal, we dissect it and mince up the work into smaller goals. They will then automatically multiply into the original huge goal we have.

I urge you to go back to your dreams and goals, and visualize how you will get there AND how you WILL BE when you are there. The latter is important in that it is the key to the former :)

Alright, I'm sorry if I sound a little preachy at this hour, but I truly hope this has been some substance for you in your course of life.

Right now, I have a cheque for $10,000 which I will stare at, visualize how I will get and use it, right till the moment I fall asleep.

No comments: