Monday, September 29, 2008

Done With Race Day. On With My Personal Race.

And so the Singapore GP has ended. 3 tiring but extremely exciting nights. It was a first experience for me, and coupled with the fact that I bought the tickets from my sales proceeds, it was daaaammmnnnn rewarding.

And yes! Renault and Alonso won! For the first time this year, and in front of my own eyes!! Not many were supporting them. I didn't have my Renault shirt, but dressed in yellow for the qualifiers and the race, I distinguished myself as a loyal fan haha. A triumphant fan.

2 more days to go till festivities. Spring cleaning is the order for the day, followed by some last minute groceries. Not shopping.. groceries. I'm advocating a minimalist celebration this year to my family.

I've just heard from a childhood buddy of mine that his business is booming. He's just gone full-time with his wedding photography business, and boy is he over the moon with his monthly sales. Much better than when he's working.

Many people fear the insecurities of working on their own. Many people still depend on others to give them jobs and pay them monthly. This is how it should be, anyway. I'm not saying everyone should stop working their jobs and work on their own - the world will just not turn that way.

But if you want more than what you are getting now, don't simply be contented. If you want your dreams and goals to appear before you, work towards your one moment in time and you'll eventually get there.

One Moment in Time - Whitney Houston

No comments: