Saturday, June 14, 2008

Answering A Common Question: What Should I Promote?

I'm starting a series of emails to help some of you guys launch your Affiliate Marketing adventure together with me. These emails will be included in my blog from now on for you guys to easily refer to in the future :)

Hey all, how's your weekend been so far?

The weather is hot everytime I'm at home - I hate that. I always prefer a gloomy or windy afternoons so I can feel more comfortable working on my PC/laptop.

Ok, let's do a progress check here. Some of you have done good, signing up for accounts with Squidoo, EzineArticles, and Clickbank. Some have even gone a step further by exploring how to create their virgin Squidoo lens. Kudos!

I like it when you take action :)

For those who have not done so, I know it's a weekend and you'd want to spend your time in leisure. But take just a few minutes to sign up first.

Now, some of you posted some questions and the most common one being "What should I promote?"

Clickbank, as you may already know, only holds products that are digital in format. Software, eBooks, subscriptions. So what if you are looking to promote physical products?

One other popular affiliate marketplace would be Commission Junction at www.cj.com. You'll see the major players with affiliate programs ready for your use. If you can't find what you are looking for, do this on Google:

Search for the product you want to promote, and add this to the back of the search phrase: +affiliate program

Eg, if you're searching for affiliate programs for weight loss formula, search for weight loss formula +affiliate program.

Right, now on to the next part. Remember I told you to do something you are comfortable with? I need to add on something - find something that people are looking for too. Not everything will sell just like that. People have varying degrees of needs and wants, and this will affect the urgency of them buying the products through you.

Take some time to think about it. Read up the newspapers and look at the current issues facing Man. Off the top of my head, I can think of 3 groups of people:

People with a serious life problems:
These include people with life-threatening diseases, serious credit problems, divorce issues, etc. They will tend to look for more professional help than getting one through the net.

People facing some sort of discomfort/concern:
Examples include those who are vain about their skin beauty, keeping their health on check, taking care of their beloved family or pets, etc. Most from this group will do a search for solutions from the net. This is your most profitable group of people.

People with a need for luxury:
People who are looking for products that would enhance their lives, like buying a new LCD tv, or clothes. They are not ready to spend their cash.

Feel free to discuss with me what you have elected to work on as your Affiliate Marketing campaign. I'll be happy to advise however well I can :)

No comments: