Saturday, November 14, 2009

My Article Writing Process

Many people have been asking me how I manage to write numerous articles within a short span of time. I used to think that to myself too back when I was still starting out and wondering how the other guys could come up with so many articles quickly.


I have to say it all boils down to practice. The more you write, the better you get. It still happens to me today - I find it slow to get off the mark after laying off writing for a day or even a few hours. So the key is to keep on writing, and your flow of words will just take over from your brain to your fingers.


In terms of article structure, I follow the same 'guideline' for all my articles. An attention grabbing title, an exciting intro paragraph, factual body, and a closing which points back to my intro.


Title


Want to get the best ideas for article titles? Look no further than tabloids! Or even those magazine columns. Honest and dull titles just simply do not make it here.


Intro


Use challenging sentences here. Challenge your reader to try your solution in order to solve their problem. Yes, you start mentioning about your product here! Get your reader excited to know there is a solution to their problem, and lead them to read your article further.


Body


Just write your stuff here. Remember to include excitement every now and then. Don't just write facts - give hope to your readers!


Closing


I always end my article with a sentence that points back to my intro. Say your intro excites your reader about "start doing xxxx to cure your yyyyy problem!"... end your article with something in the likes of "with xxxx, there is no reason for you to live with yyyyy anymore!".


What about the resource box? Again don't waste your chance here. This is where you get all 'salesy' and promote your product or website! Write up a story about how you manage to solve your own yyyyy problem using xxxx, and how the reader can do so too.


But to sum it all up, again it boils down to practice. So start writing your first article today!

No comments: