Friday, November 13, 2009

It Starts With Persistence

In the world of affiliate marketing, especially when you are just starting out, it is always easy to get discouraged by the lack of favorable results. That is where 85% of budding affiliate marketers drop and say "this stuff doesn't work".. while the remaining 15% bog down and persist, and end up champions.

I would like to think of myself as a newbie still. I haven't reached the stage of consistent results. But I can be proud of one thing - my persistence. See, I have made it a commitment that affiliate marketing will be THE career for me till I retire (early). And for the past 2 years I have faced little success and much failure.. and I still move forwards.

Let me tell you one example. Recently I have been getting this string of great sales results. Never before have I experienced many $100 days within a span of days! But yesterday.. I had zero.

To tell you the truth, I was disheartened. I had wanted the pattern to go along nicely. I did not want to see a $0 day.

Some people may view it as a turning point, where you start doubting your results. I very nearly started thinking the past few days were just a fluke.

But I remembered the word persistence. Instead of losing focus, I worked harder. I started writing articles after articles, which helps me get my mind off the $0 day.

This morning I was welcomed by 2 new sales amounting to US$67.80. Which I wouldn't have achieved had I slowed down or even stopped working after being disappointed by the $0 yesterday.

So remember, if you want to make it in affiliate marketing, it does not really start with all the lessons or tools you can buy out there. Start with yourself. Make a change of attitude, stay positive, and keep your focus laser sharp.

Good luck guys!

No comments: