Thursday, January 28, 2010

Start Writing (and Earning) Today!


Have you gotten "on" your butt and started writing your articles yet?

If you are still stuck with where you should start, let me try help jumpstart your article writing groove.

I have been doing article marketing for years now, earned a few thousands so far, and have messed with different article marketing techniques to find one which suits my capabilities, time constrains, and expectations.

I won't say the method I am using now is a long-term business model. To me, a proper business model should include building a proper site, working to get it ranked on Google or any other search engines, and then let it run on auto-pilot (earning money without you doing as much work).

What I am doing now takes effort. Daily effort. To come up with new articles each day, write and submit them to EzineArticles, and hope someone out there is interested in the offer I plant at the end of every article. Not something I would love to continually do for years to come!

But it does bring in money. Bags of it.

I would say this particular business model is great to get you started on something. For me, it is perfect for me to build up my reserves in the bank before I finally say sayonara to my boss!

You can adopt the same strategy too. From today!

Here is what you should do...

1) Get a product to promote

Ask yourself what you should be promoting. Check out Clickbank (for starters) and find a product decent enough to make you buy the product itself. That should generally give you the instinct that the product sells. So use Clickbank to create the hoplink for you first.

2) Get a domain name

You would want a domain name to cloak the ugly hoplink you just created on Clickbank. My tip is to get a ".com" domain which sounds similar to the product website. For instance, if the product site is MakeMoneyOnline.com, try getting a domain name in the likes of MakeYourMoneyOnline.com.

Get the idea? A domain name serves 3 purposes - to cloak the link, to make you appear professional, and to setup a direct domain forwarding from your EzineArticles article. And you can get one from GoDaddy.com for about $11 for a year!

3) Write your articles

How do you start? Do a little bit of research. Here's a trick: get all the info you need to write about just by reading the product website and other already published articles on Ezine. Ain't that stupidly easy?

Once you get all the facts, start writing! Don't worry so much about writing a perfect article. As long as it makes grammatical sense, you don't have to sound 100% professional in your writing. In fact, you SHOULDN'T. Be more human-like in your writing, and sound as if you were writing an advice for your dear friend.

And as I said, just start and continue writing. In time you will develop your own style, you will get fluent with your writing, and you may end up only spending 10 minutes to write a 400-word article! It just takes practice.

4) Create an appetizing resource box at the end of your articles

Don't just go "Click here to get Product XYZ". This is your chance to go wild and creative! A little bit of temptation to your reader goes a long way. The best way to learn how to write a good resource box is by reading all the fancy ads in the newspaper and magazines. They are the masters at promoting - learn from them!

That's it! Or at least that is what you need to get your feet wet in the article marketing business.

I will try to elaborate each single point above at a later post to help you advance even further. But for now, I hope you get my advice.

Taking action will bring you results. Analyzing won't. And once you get the momentum going with your writing, don't stop to give your brain that chance to go dry - keep your creative juice flowing by continuously writing!

No comments: