Thursday, January 28, 2010

An Article Marketer's Recipe Book


Are you ready to embark on a journey of writing for money?

That is what you would be doing as an article marketer!

But in order to start doing your job, there are a few websites and tools you should equip yourself with. Different marketers may have a different combination of tools they use. Mine personally is kind of basic, but they are still as effective and important.

Want to know what's inside my recipe book?

1) Clickbank (free signup) - of course, this is where I find products to promote. Clickbank has so far been efficient in its payments to me. Not all the products are great though, so if you find one, it'll be like a diamond in a rough.

2) EzineArticles (free signup, optional $97/mth premium membership) - to me, EzineArticles is the best article directory for you to submit your articles online. They have good "rapport" with Google, so you can easily rank your articles high on Google. There is an optional $97 premium package, where you can schedule the release of your articles according to your liking.

3) Google Keyword Tool (free) - keyword tools are good to source what kind of words people are keying in to Google to find things. This is important - you don't want to end up writing an article which no one would look for online! There are various keyword tools out there, but hey, this one's from Google... and it's free!

4) Zoho (free signup) - ahh my online office. A friend of mine recommended Zoho to me, and I have used their service for a long time now. Basically you can create, save, and share your documents, excel sheets, calendar online! So I can write and save my article on my netbook, then open the same document on my PC at home to submit to Ezine... pretty nifty!

5) GoDaddy (prices depend on domains) - when you do article marketing the way I do, you DO need to get a domain name. You use this domain name to forward your article readers to the product page. A professional looking .com domain costs about $11 for a year, which is a very small investment to make :)

6) Thesaurus and Dictionary (free) - these are very useful sites to keep your vocabulary juice flowing. Want a replacement word for "super"? Just key search for it in the online thesaurus!

These few are the most important sites I use to run my business. Most of them are free - I only invest my profits into the EzineArticles premium membership to take advantage of the scheduled release feature. And of course the number of domain names I have under my GoDaddy account.

If you think about it, it really is a small portion of the earnings I make each month. And since it helps to grow the earnings even bigger, I certainly have no qualms in spending money on them.

Bookmark and create your accounts on these sites first. That should occupy some of your free time tonite ;)

No comments: