Friday, November 14, 2008

I Believe In Miracles

It's now close to a year since my dad was first admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with coronary artery disease. He's since been admitted in and out of hospital for 4 times, gone under the knife for a coronary artery bypass surgery, and now painfully recovering at home.

It's now close to a year since I started bearing a doubled financial responsibility. With my dad not working, my brother and myself took up the shared responsibility to put food on the table and light up the home.

It's now close to a year since I have managed to somehow miraculously have enough money to both pay off my own bills and debts, and also provide money for food and our monthly house loan.

I don't know how I did it. I didn't get any pay raise in my job. I don't even have a high paying job to start with. I did not borrow money from anybody, except for that one loan I took from the bank. I didn't have any surplus savings in my bank when this whole episode started.

And that is why I believe in miracles. And I am very proud of myself. I am my own hero.

I believe that my family and I do not have to suffer. I always believed there will be abundant wealth enough for us. I knew we will make it through.

And we have done so. True to my belief, we have done so.

I thank God for the miracles blessed upon us. I know my eventual destination, and I know I will get there too.

3 comments:

Erny said...

i'm so proud of you!

Win said...

Thanks erny dearie :)

When you stay positive and believe you can make it, then you will.

If you keep wondering if you will make it, then you will keep on wondering.

If you say you will not make it right from the start, you've already set your fate.

I owe it all to the countless inspirational movies and songs that keep me going everyday :)

TC!

Mike Dirnt said...

hi brother,

how is your father and yourself? i wonder if your dad hospitalisation bills claimable from insurance? i do hope your father can recover soon

all the best in life! congrats in your getting your new USD cheque