Sunday, July 27, 2008

Have You Given Up?

What I am about to say here does not solely pertain to the Internet Marketing business. But it applies to whatever you are pursuing today. Have you given up in what you are chasing after?

In the past few weeks, my marketing success has seen its share of lull periods. I suffered days and weeks of no sales at all. And I nearly gave up there and then. The funny thing is, this period of no sales resulted from me giving up.

I made the single common mistake that newbie Internet Marketers make - I mixed in emotions with my business. I started to see a few refunds from my customers, and that affected my morale. My emotions swirled and I began to think this does not work. I stopped working on my business - stopped writing articles, stopped testing and tweaking my website, stopped learning how to build my business.

All the above resulted in weeks of no sales. And I grew even more despondent.

It took me a while to gather my courage and picked myself up. I can't say I did that without any help from a few friends, and listening to Brian McKnight's Win. I realised this business means a lot to me. There was too much at stake - my family's life depends on it. My destiny depends on it!

So I fought back my emotions, worked on my articles once more, tweaked and tested my website again and again. And today, I'm back to seeing profits.

And if the current sales pattern continues, I can't wait to share my happYness with you by showing my next pay cheque.

I hope it will be sweet then :)

So don't give up in what you love to do. I added the "love to" part, because if you are trying hard to succeed in what you don't love, you will not win. And even if you do, it won't be as sweet as succeeding in what, or who, you love.

No comments: