Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Best Antidote For Writer's Block

Have you ever had a day in your life when you suddenly go blank in your mind? As if you suddenly lost whatever you have learned. All your vocabulary and grammar banks go dry, and you can only think about that slice of cheesecake on your kitchen counter...

I've had countless moments like these. And I especially hate it when it happens while trying to write my articles.

So what do I do when my brain suddenly does the rebel attack on me?

Well back then, whenever my brain stops co-operating, I would just take myself off work, do other stuff and then get back to work when I feel ready. Usually that would mean watching TV, or playing games, or just snacking.

I just happened to read a post in the WA forum about how to "cure" writer's block. And one way is to just open up a textpad on your computer, and just start typing out whatever is it in your mind for the next 5 minutes.

Maybe I should try that next time. At least I think it is far better than getting myself distracted and KEPT distracted from doing my article writing...

What about you? I'd want to hear how you usually get over your writer's block moment.

No comments: